Casting for the Cure - Rules and Entry Form
6th Annual Casting For A Cure:
(SCROLL TO BOTTOM AND COMPLETE ENTRY FORM TO REGISTER)
Tournament Date: September 10, 2016
Location: Logan Martin – Lakeside Landing
Entry Fee: $100 per boat (includes Big Fish)
Time: Safe – 2pm
Contact: Jason Biddy (205)901-0922 or email@example.com
Paybacks based on 100 boats.
FIRST PLACE : $1000.00 – SECOND PLACE: $750 – THIRD PLACE: $500 - FOURTH PLACE: $300 - FIFTH PLACE: $250 - SIXTH PLACE: $200 - SEVENTH PLACE: $175 - EIGHT PLACE - $150 - NINTH PLACE: $125 - TENTH PLACE: $100
Casting for a Cure is a local fundraising event to benefit The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day. Casting for a Cure is a family friendly fishing tournament open to all. The tournament will be held on September 10, 2016 at Lakeside Landing on Lake Logan Martin.
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day
The net proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ are invested in breast cancer research and community programs. Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement.
Today, Komen for the Cure is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. Thanks to events like the Komen Race for the Cure® and the Komen 3-Day for the Cure, the organization has invested nearly $1.5 billion toward becoming a world without Breast Cancer.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All laws of the State of Alabama will be abided by.
2. Tournament will be held on September 10, 2016. Hours are Safe light - 2pm. Boats must stay within 100 yards of launch prior to take off.
3. Each boat must have 2 paid entrants that fish in the same boat. A team must have two (2) persons and must fish in the same boat. Single entries will be accepted at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
4. Each participant must complete, sign and submit a Casting for the Cure Fishing Tournament benefiting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation form. Registration forms are available by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be available to sign the day of the event. Registration forms, along with the correct entry fee, will be mailed to: Brooke Biddy – Casting for the Cure, 55 Rolling Ridge Circle, Odenville, AL 35120. Checks should be made payable to Brooke Biddy.
5. Entry fee is $100 per boat and this includes Big Fish.
Registrations will be taken up to and including the day of the event as spots are available. The tournament is limited to 100 boats.
6. Contestants under 18 years of age must have the signature of his/her parent or legal guardian on the entry form, as well as the contestant’s signature.
7. Once capacity of 200 adult participants or no more than 100 boats is reached, the tournament will be deemed full and all additional applications will be returned. No boat will be officially registered until all partners in that boat have paid their tournament fees. Tournament entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable regardless of the date of cancellation. A waiting list for participants will be maintained by Jason Biddy. In the event of a cancellation, the next person on the waiting list will be notified. If a fully paid team alternative fills the cancellation opening prior to the entry deadline, the cancellation will be eligible for a 50% refund.
8. Participants must have proper liability insurance for the boat being used in the tournament.
9. Each participant must execute a Rules and Regulations Form. This form indemnifies all tournament sponsors.
10. The tournament will be limited to the following species for prize consideration: Large-Mouth Bass and Spotted Bass. The tournament limit will be five (5) fish per boat.
11. All participants MUST have ALL necessary paperwork filled out BEFORE you get to the dock for check in the morning of the tournament. Participants not ready (i.e., incomplete paperwork, waiver/release form) will NOT be allowed to compete until all required paperwork is complete.
12. Each competitor must have in their possession a valid Alabama fishing license, (kids under the age of 16 do not need a fishing license) and must show if requested the license to the tournament official at the checkpoint before beginning competition. Each competitor must have in their boat a Coast Guard approved life vest. It is the responsibility of each competitor to know and observe Alabama regulations regarding fishing and watercraft safety.
13. Check-in will start at 5a.m. Each boat will be validated on an official check off list by an official shore crew member and sent to the holding area. All boats will be released at safe light.
14. Competitors who fail to turn in their Boat # Board at the official check-in boat area by 2 p.m. will be AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED from all prizes. CHECK IN IS MANDATORY, FISH OR NO FISH.
15. All fish must be caught on a hook and line in a conventional sporting manner. No snatching, trolling, no live bait, no jiggerpoling.
16. Promoters, tournament committee officials, organizations and sponsors are not responsible for death, injury, damage, liability, theft, fire or loss of any kind to participants.
17. All competitors must wear life jackets and have kill switch attached when the main motor is on.
18. It is understood that each individual is responsible for their own actions, and that the rest of the teams and sponsors are not responsible for the actions or liability incurred by any individual angler.
19. You may register five (5) fish, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for Big Fish prize. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation.
20. All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station. There will be a .25 lb Penalty for each dead fish. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. In the event deception is detected his/her prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in.
21. There will be a leader board located in the contest area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
22. Prizes are ranked according to their estimated dollar value, and will be awarded accordingly.
23. Payout will be based on 100 boats. One place will be paid out for every 10 boats. See prize amounts at the top of the form.
24. All Contest prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification.
26. Weather: Only lightning or severe winds can cancel fishing. One hour of fishing = full tournament. Check with tournament officers.
27. Any infraction of the above rules will disqualify the entire boat.
Rules of Courtesy
1. Respect everyone on the lake. Water encroachment is not a good practice whether the other boat's owner is entered in the tournament or not. Allow a respectable distance to all other boats in your vicinity. Don't leave others awash in your wake as you leave or enter an area. Slow down well before nearing another boat.
2. Have your boat ready to launch before getting to the ramp. Don't keep others waiting while you get rods and other equipment out of your tow vehicle, or while you do repairs on motor, etc. Launch quickly and do not use the headlights on your tow vehicle when backing in, use parking lights so that you don't blind everyone waiting to launch.
3. When loading up at the end of the day move quickly and get out of the way of others trying to load their boats. Do your final tie-downs, etc. out of the way of the ramp.
4. Don't litter. Leave areas around the ramp and the lake as clean as possible, cleaner than you found them if you have the time. Leave no mark where you have been and others will appreciate it.
5. No alcohol consumption. Drunken, rude behavior is shameful and reflects on all other anglers. This type of behavior does not represent the majority of sportsmen and will not be tolerated.
6. Don't let winning prizes or money be the only reason you are there. Your rights are only as great as the others using the lake. Keep the fun in fishing and don't think that because you are entered in a tournament your rights are more important than someone not competing.
7. Keep it FUN!!!! Always practice good sportsmanship, and help each other out when they need it!! Create a positive image for others.
As an angler in this. event, I will not hold the tournament, tournament anglers, or tournament officials, responsible for any injury or damage incurred during tournament activities, and I will be solely accountable for any consequences of my actions. I will to the best of my ability, adhere to the rules of the tournament, as well as be responsible for the actions of my fishing partner. All rules have “loopholes.” It is our intention to provide an honest sportsmanlike tournament. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the “Spirit of the Rule” will prevail. All questions, judgments or problems during the tournament will be referred to the tournament directors. Tournament directors will have the sole authority and jurisdiction in determining the application of the Tournament Rules and Regulations.
Name of Fishing Partner
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua & Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo - Brazzaville
Congo - Kinshasa
French Southern Territories
Heard & McDonald Islands
Hong Kong SAR China
Isle of Man
Macau SAR China
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé & Príncipe
South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Pierre & Miquelon
St. Vincent & Grenadines
Svalbard & Jan Mayen
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
U.S. Outlying Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Wallis & Futuna
Typing my full name below acknowledges electronic signature and agreement to the above terms for me and my fishing partner.
Do Not Fill This Out